Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Mini Vacation

Hello friends! This might be the most pathetic post ever because I'm laying on the beach using my phone so there will be no pictures. But I want to make sure you're all enlightened on my life, so here we go!

Over the weekend, we went to my cousin Spencer's (the real one, not the one where Bobby pretends to be Spencer so we get free putt putt) wedding in Georgia. We stayed with my aunt and uncle and they happen to like football too so we had a full day of Big10 sports on Saturday. Like the rest of my family, they support that other school in Michigan so it was a good day for everyone! Go blue! In case anyone didn't see, Harbaugh smashed a buckeye in front of Bo's grave so I think that is some good foreshadowing for next weekend.

So anyways the wedding was nice. We got home from that on Sunday night and got on our plane to Fort Myers the next morning. Our first day we checked into our hotel and headed to the beach. It was a little windy and cloudy but definitely an improvement from Midwest weather. At night, we drove to Naples for dinner. We went to this delicious Italian place that had 2 entrees and a bottle of wine for 29.99! Yay for wine wasted! Afterwards, we walked around a little which was fun because there are lots of cutesy shops and it's all decorated for Christmas!!

Tuesday was another beach day. We walked down the beach and searched for cool shells. The highlight of our walk was definitely when this old lady captured a pelican in a fishing net. I felt a combo of amused and sad for the bird. My dad and I played some cornhole too. I lost all three games but it's a new day and I'm determined to win. I'll keep you posted on the results.  That night we went out for dinner and drinks and then came home and crashed. {this portion of the post has been removed due to viewer complaints}

Now it's Wednesday and almost time for my departure. The rest of the fam is down here for another week still but some of us have gotta work. Luckily I'm going out with a bang. We had the best continental breakfast ever complete with omelets, chocolate chip waffles, biscuits, and mimosas. We'll be spending the day at the beach, having sunset shots, and then closing the vacay with yumyums and cocktails at a rooftop bar.

And of course I will have my awesome fiancé waiting to pick me up bright and early Thanksgiving morning. Enjoy your turkey my friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment